Every now and then, on my way to work I might catch Democracy Now!: The War and Peace Report. Today just happened to be one of those days. I like it because they talk about more than just what the left-wing and the right-wing are currently bickering about. They talk about world events and other interesting things that are going on in the country. The part I enjoyed about the part of today's broadcast that I got to hear was a story they were covering about the Roman Catholic Pope Francis and a statement that he had just made.
He addressed the issue that the church needs to open up their focus on the matters of the World instead of obsessing over abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptives. And, that the Catholic church moral structure could "fall like a deck of cards" if they didn't make the church a more merciful and welcoming place. Thank God! Finally, a son of God that actually sees and is trying to preach the light.
Now, I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic Church. I don't go to church anymore because I have a problem with the major division of the teachings of the bible versus the propaganda that they insist on shoving down your throat. But, I am definitely not the kind of person to denounce the existence of God or a God or some kind of divine higher power.. But, anyways... It was a good feeling to hear the news of Pope Francis' statement. Take that haters!
On the fun side....
Tonight is date night! As if everything we do isn't already enough fun. *sarcasm intended* We just figured that if we don't set "date nights", life starts feeling way too demanding with all of our fun filled obligations. So, tonight we are hoping to catch The Wizard of Oz. It happens to be two of my favorite movies (if you count The Dark Side of Oz). Not super stoked that it's in 3D, but still really exited to see it. I guess I'll have more to report later on. Happy Friday! (= dee =)
Fuck, I did it again! "house of cards" not deck of cards. wtf
ReplyDeletehahaha!!! I need to keep watching that show.. I watched the pilot. It is good!!
ReplyDeleteI am not one to talk about religion, but you did a good job :)
Thank you :) ... I heard good things about that show. Netflix has quite a few good "Netflix Exclusives" that I'm not at all caught up on.
ReplyDelete