Why is it that they say that the best things in life are free, yet at the same time, there's a cost for everything? Now, I understand that things that are free or things that have a cost all depend on what you determine is the value.
So, one concept is that the best things in life are free. True, so true... but, free is based upon the value of the beholder. Example: Love is free. And, I too, do agree. It is free when you are free and when you love freely and openly, then statement holds true, love is free. But, love is a game, and I don't mean the player's type of game, but it is a part a life. So, let's have some fun with it. To love someone freely and open hardheartedly without ANY expectation is something very true and not easy to achieve but, once achieved, you know one true meaning of free.
So, this funny game we call love, is a commitment. Something that needs to be worked on day in and day out, especially when you cohabit with your partner. In this case, the values might change. What you thought was free, comes with some kind of cost. Now, I DON'T believe in sacrifice but, I do believe in compromise. When times are rough, I know how that compromise can feel like a sacrifice. I myself, am a dominated Alpha. Meaning that I pick and choose my battles well, and I have one of those girlfriend's you just don't want to piss off. That in it self, is a compromising situation, whether it be girlfriend, boyfriend, partner or whoever you have a close working relationship with.
I bring this up because life isn't perfect and we have to pick and choose our battles. Me and my girlfriend have an inside joke when we tell each other that, "I tolerate you." Something that I've learned through life is, that true friends stick by your side and accept and love you for all of your pro's and your con's. Same as lovers, hence, girlfriend/boyfriend, should be friends from the start. And, so I see that it feels like I'm biting a big ass bullet when I choose my actions but, also see in my hindsight that she's kinda doing the same. I'm not perfect, I can wander, validate and dismiss things as I keep going. One word to the wise, don't miss the sign(s) when you're pissing your partner off. Hahahahaha... You gotta laugh it off, it's a part of life, I enjoy it and I enjoy her (especially when she's not being a bitch =P). And this is the free word of me. (= dee =)
You should write a relationship book.
ReplyDeleteI am not kidding,
:)
Why, thank you soooo very much! I totally appreciate it! I've had some friends tell me the same thing. I wouldn't know where to start! But, I know I could probably talk on and on :) Maybe one day when I become more accomplished and get some motivational speaking in. And a book of "ism's" would either follow or precede it. Hee heee :)
ReplyDeleteI will have to agree with Tracey. You write well and knowing you personally, your isms are one of a kind. =) I mean that in every good way possible. It's true everything has a cost and I agree with you that we each put a value to everything and it is all subjective and up to our own perception. I just wanted to say also that for me time is the most valuable commodity that we all 'have'. And we've had conversations about this. Anyway, cheers to free[dom] of choice. =)
ReplyDelete