My girlfriend and I had some friends over for our small group Season Premier of Boardwalk Empire on HBO. We like tasty drinks and so we decided to learn how to make a great, tasty, Summer drink, Shandy. For those that are not familiar with what a Shandy is, a shandy is a mix of beer and lemonade. There's many variations out there but, this is the one we went with. Also, because we already had the suggested beer on hand.
And so I present to you, Cucumber Mint Shandy!
About 60% Kona Brewery Big Wave Golden Ale
40% really good lemonade.
Had a really good cucumber mint shandy at a local pizza place and tried to remake it. It was really simple if you don't mind the little extra steps. First, I got a pitcher and put some lemonade in it. I added just enough mint leaves to cover the surface then muddled it around, or stab it with a spoon. Added thinly sliced cucumbers that were also enough to cover the surface, then continued to muddle and shake it up. When it was time to serve, I just put some ice, a mint leaf or two, some cucumbers then added the beer to about 60% of the glass. Topped it off with the premixed lemonade, mixed it with a straw then enjoyed!
It worked out well this way because the lemonade alone was delicious and the crisp golden ale made it a treat. Super key, that I learned the hard way, is to add the beer before the lemonade. The beer just sits on the top and doesn't mix well if done otherwise.
Everyone enjoyed it and I hope someone out there enjoys it too! As for myself, I am enjoying one right now ;) Cheers! (= dee =)
No comments:
Post a Comment