Wednesday, October 16, 2013

So This Band, Little Dragon...

Little Dragon is a Swedish group that I discovered a couple of years ago. They are one of my new found loves. Yes, I REALLY dig them. When this school semester started they had ticket sales for a show that is going on at the El Rey Theater tomorrow. I failed at reading my emails one week and those emails would have told me that the ticket sales were that week and which day. I found out the day of, after the sales began and then tried to buy tickets when I got out of work. Unfortunately, for me, they were all sold out. :*(**oO  I WAS SOOOO SAD. I shed some tears, had a beer and just tried to move on.

Well, this week has a lot going on.... A good friend of mine messaged me today saying she couldn't go due to midterms and wanted to sell her tickets to me. It gave me a little spark of hope, but I also had a similar problem being that I have a paper to write. I ended up asking my buddy I mentioned yesterday, Chiara, if she was interested in going. I think the last show I saw with her was at the El Rey. But, she didn't know who they were. So, I sat with my self and talked it out a bit and knew deep down inside, it really wasn't meant to be. I had to take care of what was really more important to me, Little Dragon comes close but my education mostly trumps all.

Besides the emotional shake up, the end result was good. I ended up messaging Chiara after all the dust settled and we set up a little dinner date for tomorrow. Yay!!! I'm really happy and excited.  (= dee =)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Plus the El Rey is a small venue :/ Next time... I have a feeling they will be around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True and true. Hopefully they come back around when they release their new album. Which should be soon because the first single Sunshine has already been released :)

    ReplyDelete